Spiced Watermelon


This is a cocktail that I concocted this summer, have just found a photo of on my computer and despite having nothing to do with Christmas want to drink of anyway. It is red I guess :)

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 Watermelon
  • 1 shot Morgans Spiced Rum
  • 1/2 shot Captain Morgan Dark Rum
  • 1/2 shot Southern Comfort.
  • handful of crushed ice
The bottles of the above alcohol I have were bought soon after they were last confirmed vegan. You may want to check the stuff being sold currently still is before buying.

The easiest way I've found to extract the flesh from a watermelon is to cut it in half and then into 1 inch thick rings, running a knife around the edge of each to split the skin from the flesh.

Roughly chop the flesh and place in a blender with other ingredients, seeds and all.

Blend until smooth, then strain through a sieve into martini glasses and serve immediately.

0 comments:

Post a Comment